003 AWP for Engineers Certification
Special, Limited-Time, 2-Day Quickstart Offerings
The Engineering for AWP Certification from the AWP University is the jump start you need toward engineering deliverable production requirements to satisfy the needs of AWP and WFP. The AWP-U modules are all ASI Group Certified and Jovian Certified, meaning you are assured to be getting the best from AWP/WFP industry leaders. If you are in Engineering or Procurement and need to understand AWP/WFP, the two-day course will give you the foundation you need to have a clear understanding of the necessities to effectively produce engineering deliverables and requirements for projects utilizing AWP.
The two days of training are a filled with information, templates, and exercises designed to give students a clear understanding of implementing AWP/WFP. Students of this special event will be granted access to the AWP University Learning Management System (LMS). In the LMS students can review all the modules covered in the two days at their own pace, leading to writing the exam to gain their Certification for successfully completing Engineering for AWP. From here students can choose to enrol in further training such as AWP407 – Digital Threads or AWP321 – Digital Twin Handover or add Procurement to their objectives. This special event satisfies the prerequisite requirements for many of the AWP-U learning paths as well as specialty and advanced modules.
In Engineering for AWP Certification, students will be trained in the following areas:
- The Tour – AWP University overview and sign in
- The Delivery – Introduction to AWP Fundamentals
- The Basics – What is Advanced Work Packaging?
- The History – Where did AWP come from
- The News – What’s New for Engineering
- The Duties – Engineering’s Responsibilities in AWP
- The Outline – Engineering AWP Process overview
- The Packs – Work Package Types and Relationships
- The Swim Lanes – Developing AWP Process Overlays
- The Practitioners – People, Pillars of Support
- The Goal – Path of Construction
- The Numbers – AWP Coding Structure
- The Info – Engineering Deliverables for AWP
- The Scope – CWP Development
- The Drive – Engineering Alignment with CWPs
- The Hurdles – Support Removal of Constraints
- The Release – CWP Readiness Review
- The Tech – Application Integrations
- The Champions – Aligning Leadership with AWP
- The Execution – What is WorkFace Planning?
- The Fabricator – Coordinate Detailing & Fabrication Efforts
- The Paper – Institute Contract Requirements for AWP
- The Exam – Examination overview and instructions
During the two days of instructor lead learning the students will be guided through the AWP/WFP Modules by leading Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in AWP/WFP today. The AWP-U SMEs have been integral in the development of both the AWP and the WFP models over the last 20 years. Our AWP/WFP SMEs have both Implemented 100s of projects in the field as well as participating and leading the research teams for the best practices for both CII and COAA.