001 AWP Fundamentals L1 Certification
Level One AWP Certificate Course – Self Directed Online LMS
The Advanced Work Packaging Fundamentals Certification from the AWP University can be taken at the learners own pace and is the most comprehensive fundamentals certificate course offered today. The AWP-U modules are certified by ASI Group and Jovian, as well as being part of the CII Registered Educational Provider, meaning you are assured to be getting the best education from our AWP industry leaders. If you are a project owner, foreman, or a project participant of any kind, the AWP Fundamentals L1 will give you the foundation you need to have a clear understanding of the necessities to execute a project or project portfolio efficiently using AWP.
In this online course, the equivalent two days of training (16hrs) are a filled with information, templates, and industry materials designed to give students a clear understanding of how to execute the necessities of AWP. Students of this course will be granted access to the AWP-University Learning Management System (LMS) for 2 years. In this Learning Management System (LMS) offering students can take all the Lessons covered at their own pace, leading to writing the exam in the online system to gain their Certification in AWP Fundamentals L1. The L1 certificate courses satisfy the prerequisite requirements for many of the AWP-U role-based learning paths.
In AWP Fundamentals L1, students will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- The Tour – AWP University overview and sign in
- The Delivery – Introduction to AWP Fundamentals
- The Basics – What is Advanced Work Packaging?
- The History – Where did AWP come from
- The Drivers – Exercise: Work Packaging
- The Outline – AWP Process overview
- The Packs – Work Package Types and Relationships
- The Swim Lanes – Developing AWP Process Overlays
- The Tech – Technology – Application Integrations
- The Practitioners – People, Pillars of Support
- The Goal – Path of Construction
- The Numbers – AWP Coding Structure
- The Scope – CWP Development
- The Release – CWP Release Review
- The Execution – What is WorkFace Planning?
- The Way – IWP Management – “Life Cycle of an IWP”
- The Scale – AWP Scalability
- The Paper – Contract Requirements for AWP
- The Money – AWP Value Scenarios
- The Test – Examination overview and instructions
During the equivalent of two days of instructor-lead learning the students will be guided through the AWP Modules in the videos by leading Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in AWP today. The AWP-U experts have been integral in the development of both the AWP and the WFP models over the last 20 years. Our AWP SMEs all have experience with implementation of AWP in the field, as well as participating and leading the research teams for the best practices for both CII and COAA.